A Starting Point for Health Care Reform
What do you think about health care reform that includes the following points:
- Increase people’s incomes so they can afford health care (higher wages, better jobs, access to education, etc.).
- The ability to create medical health care accounts that can accumulate and collect interest, and that can be passed to heirs.
- Private insurance options for the masses, with reasonable protections for policyholders.
- Require employers over a certain size to provide health insurance options to their employees.
- Ensure that there is competition in the market for health insurance, and not just one or two giant companies who can fix prices.
- A way to get health care for those who have pre-existing conditions, either through private insurance and/or through government insurance and/or a government run health care system (public hospitals and such) charging based on ability to pay. More than one option is preferred.
- A government funded health care system as a safety net for those who cannot afford care. The amount the customers pay should be on a sliding scale, and anyone can use it as an alternative to private health care. This should include both federally funded options and state/county funded options.
- Tax incentives and grants to private hospitals and clinics to provide health care to those who cannot afford it.
- Make it illegal to turn away someone from an emergency room, regardless of the ability to pay (in states that do not have that law already).
- Full disclosure and transparency of pricing and billing by medical providers.
What do you think of those points, and is there anything I missed?
Helping people embrace life's opportunities.™
Latest posts by Scott M. Stolz (see all)
- What if we created a system that did not throw people under the bus? - January 14, 2017
- Corruption and Greed are the Real Problem - January 14, 2017
- A Starting Point for Health Care Reform - January 14, 2017